Cat in the Hat Marshmallow Hats

Pin It
My super cute marshamallow Cat in the Hat HAT!
So, my child would not let me make any "green" food!  On the top of my list of green food to make were these adorable little pretzel sticks, white chocolate and green M&M yolks.  So cute; right?  Yes, but the green was vetoed by my little princess. 

My choice for Dr. Seuss day, but these little cuties were vetoed by Lida.

We scanned my "Cat in the Hat" Pinterest board and she loved the giant marshmallow Cat in the Hat "Hats". 


This is the PINspiration for my project.  Lida loved these.  They didn't look very cute to me, but since they were her choice I made them for her.
I liked the ideal of putting the marshmallow hats on sticks, but I wanted to make the base out of a cookie.  For this project I used: JUMBO marshmallows; RED melting chocolate; and chocolate wafter cookies.  For the packaging I used cake pop bags.  I also used my Cricut cutter to cut the tags for this project (love my Cricut) and, finally, I tied it all together with matching ribbon.  Miss Lida is excited to hand these out at school tomorrow.  Here are the steps (note, I purchased WHITE melting chocolate, but in the end I decided not to use it.  I just put RED melting chocolate on the top and bottom of the marshmallow.  I also purchased some chocolate coating -- I thought I would try to paint some lines on the hat with it, but I made one and I didn't like the way it looked so I nixed the chocolate).

Ingredients:

  • 1 bag Jet-Puff JUMBO marshmallows (there are approximately 24 marshmallows in each bag
  • 1 box Famous Chocolate Wafers (found where they sell all the toppings for ice cream)
  • 2 bags RED Candy Wafers (you can get them at most craft stores where
  • Colored Ribbon, Tags and Treat Bags


Comments