Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes

Pin It
These cheesy scalloped garlicy potatoes are DELISH!  I made them as a side dish with grilled ribeye steaks and that lovely roasted beet, goat cheese and avocado stacked salad I made last night.  But, I can see eating these potatoes with meatloaf or grilled chicken as well.  The recipe came from familyfeedbag.com via Pinterest.  On as scale of 1-10 for level of difficulty (10 being the hardest) I would give this recipe a 3.  You basically make a very easy garlicy, cheesy sauce and slice yukon gold pototoes (no peeling either), layer the sauce and poatoes and bake.  Super easy.

Although, you can ot make it as a "last minute" side dish.  You will need to allow extra time (90 minutes to be exact) to make it.  The recipe says that it takes 1 hour to cook, but does not specify covered or uncovered with foil.  I covered my potatoes with foil until they were fork tender.  My reasoning was that I had sprinkled cheese on the top layer and I didn't want it to burn before the potatoes were cooked through.  That took an hour!  Also, when I opened the foil the cheese I used and/or the butter in the garlic sauce caused a lot of the oils to rise to the surface.  I was, frankly, a little grossed out that there was a lake of oil on the top of my potatoes.  So, I spooned out all of the oil being careful not to remove any of the cheese.  Then I put the potatoes back into the oven for an additional 30 minutes to brown on top.  They came out perfect!  Loved them (sans butter or cheesy oil).  I would for sure make this again. 

Here is the recipe and link to Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes (via Family Feed Bag).  You'll love them.

Here are the ingredients I used ... pretty simple.  No peeling of the yukon gold potatoes, so that makes the prep very easy.

Yummy ... potatoes sliced and sprinkled with fresh chives.
First layer done.  Potatoes, chives, cheesy garlic sauce.
 
Here are the potatoes and cheesy garlic sauce all layered. 


Comments