Vertical Garden



One of my friends posted the above vertical garden on her Pinterest board.  I repined it and decided I just had to have it!   http://www.countryliving.com/outdoor/how-to-plant-a-vertical-garden#slide-2

It was a bit of a project to actually make this Pinspiration happen though because the vendor who sells this product, Vertical Gardening Systems http://www.verticalgardeningsystems.com, usually works with landscapers and I had so many questions.  Kathy from VGS was so very helpful and she even made and posted this video for me on how to mount it on the fence in my pool area (how nice was she).  Here is the video on how to install:  


This is a 26 x 26 vertical garden system that is mounted on the wall in my yard and the frame is made from 100 year old recycled barn wood; it gives it so much character - don't you think?   This is what it looked like when I first planted it (kinda sparse wouldn't you say?):

My Vertical Garden when it was just planted.


This is what it looks like 9 months later (nice and filled in ... I think it needs a little trim though):


My Veritcal Garden today (9 months later) all filled in!

LOVE IT!!  Thank you Pinterest for this Pinspiration.  It is the centerpiece of my pool area wall and I get so many compliments on it.



Comments