Pom Pom Number Birthday Party Decoration

I saw this adorable #5 on Pinterest (below) and I just had to make it http://www.lowescreativeideas.com/idea-library/projects/Pom-Pom_Number.aspx!

Inspiration: Pom-Pom #5 Birthday Decoration
Here is how mine came out (below).  Super cute; right?  I made mine a little fuller (because I like fluffy stuff y'all).  I bought two packs of coffee filters (.99 CENTS each at Target).  Yay!  The original crafter of this project also painted hers with spray paint.  Spray paint is $7 a can and let's just say I was being cheap and I did not want to buy a can of spray paint so I went searching for something to paint my #5 with.  My projects for Lida's 5th birthday were many and adding up so I went looking in my craft box and I didn't have any blue or purple paint.  So, I went to my pantry (yes my pantry). I found some food color and I added a few drops of blue to little water (and then a few more of red to make the purple) and this is how it came out.  LOVE IT!!

My Pinterest Creation - Blue & Purple #5 Pom-Pom ... Love it (check out the octopus balloon - also a Pinterest project)
 
 
 

Comments